Job Id - IS0124SS0018
About the Client
Our client is a premier in the field of Information Technology providing best-of-breed technology solutions for the global travel and aviation industry. They offer a wide range of tailor-made aviation technology solutions which cater to every aspect of the organization. They have a wide range of products which are catered to the Airline, Airport, Travel, and Tourism sectors, and have made remarkable progress since their inception.
Decision Making Parameters
- The job holder handles his/her duties within the framework of responsibilities and boundaries identified with this role and in accordance with standard practices.
- Consults with Software Development Manager on any non-routine action prior to executing; all duties shall be performed through proper channel and in compliance with adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Owns delivery of software products and components for ISA; provides technology expertise and contributes to the management of technology life cycle. Investigates and analyses application architecture, technology stack, design, development, deployment and automated testing.
- In collaboration with product team, project managers, and IT solutions managers, translates business needs into technical requirements and recommends cost-effective solutions/alternatives in line with the architectural principles laid down for ISA products.
- Manages testing and implementation of technical solutions; reviews technical documentation- user guides, training manuals, and system specifications ensuring adequacy from a knowledge management and compliance with customer expectations perspectives.
- Reviews specifications and information of the architectural design to create the product backlog , identify additional requirements, and highlight gaps (if any); recommends additional requirements to the Product Team as needed.
- Identifies and decides on the technical tools and languages needed for the design execution in line with the adopted technical and quality standards.
- Establishes/enforces efficient continuous delivery and production operations processes; creates deployment architecture based on open source technology stack for automation. Ensures the User Interfaces used for the product are in line with requirements and rightly implemented.
- Conducts market researches to keep up with, identify, and implement best practices, new trends, and emerging technologies that bring best value to ISA clients; partners with cross-functional teams to explore ways and means to adopt/monitor such technologies.
- Assists in the evaluation of external vendors and products and provides input to business managers on business cases.
- Co-manages the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. Assists ISA teams to ensure agreed service levels are met; provides needed status reports to specialists, users and managers.
- Assists in the identification and assessment of potential risks to technology infrastructure and their impact on the business; anticipates, identifies and resolves issues relating to client facing architecture and assists in developing mitigation and backup plans.
- Installs and maintains security patches in production and non-production environments and provides technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
- Leads and guides other technology experts internally; ensures there is proper, sufficient and continuous knowledge sharing within ISA.
- Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, product, operations, governance and enterprise development teams.
- Initiates and Influences thinking and decision-making with respect to technology to the best of ISA.
- Performs any additional duties as directed by the line manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Delivering Results
- Business Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Committed to Excellence
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Technical Knowledge and Licenses
- Technology and Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Agile development certifications.
- Architectural certifications such as TOGAF, AWS, etc.
- Security certifications.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Minimum 8 years in IT Infrastructure design and management out of which at least 2 years in a “Software Architect” position responsible for managing infrastructure operations and application support.
- DevOps principles and stages of CICD process from source code management, to build, deployment and test automation, finishing with production deployment
- Hands-on designing solutions for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based set-ups, managing vendors and service providers.
- Experienced in core system configuration and systems testing.
- Holistic IT Knowledge of heterogeneous technology environments – experienced with different types of end-to-end technology stacks.
- Skilled in networking concepts: Routing, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing & VPC in a cloud environment.
- Hands-on production operations and site reliability engineering principles;
- Capable of conducting cost-benefit analysis for IT investments.
- Hands on technical leadership, technical solution design, and architecture.
- Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Employs technical interpersonal skills to achieve company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.